We share a list of diseases transmitted by insects that put the health of millions of people at risk according to data released by the WHO and the health institute of the state of Mexico.
Among the most common are:
• Those transmitted by mosquitoes
– Dengue, due to the mosquito, Aedes Aegipti.
– Malaria or malaria, caused by a parasite “Plasmodium”, is transmitted to humans by the bite of infected female mosquitoes of the genus Anopheles.
– Chikunguya, a viral disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes.
– Lymphatic filariasis, parasitic infection that is produced by small worms, and is transmitted by the mosquito bite.
– Yellow fever, a viral disease, acute and hemorrhagic, is transmitted by the bite of an infected mosquito.
• The one transmitted by bedbugs
– Chagas disease, a parasitic disease, caused by the “Trypanosoma cruzi” parasite, is transmitted through the feces of insects, such as vichucas, compostela bugs, snouts, besuconas or voladoras. Any person can be infected by being exposed to the bedbug bite.
• The one transmitted by midges
– Leishmaniasis, transmitted by the parasite of the genus Leishmania, and is transmitted by the bite of sandflies, also known as papalotilla or midge.
• Those transmitted by lice, fleas and ticks.
– Epidemic typhus and endemic typhus, transmitted by lice and fleas respectively
– Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Mediterranean spotting fever, Q fever and ehrlichiosis, all of which are transmitted by ticks.
How do you protect yourself against these insects?
The recommendation of health entities is to use insect repellent with DEET for greater effectiveness.
This way we will avoid contagion of diseases and we will enjoy a better state of health.
What type of repellent is your favorite?