Skip to main content

Have you ever heard of chagas disease?

Super important to know all the information about this disease!

It is a parasitic, systemic (mainly affects the heart and digestive system), chronic, vector-borne, parasitic condition caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi , considered a neglected disease.

How is it transmitted?

The main transmission mechanism is vectorial (insects such as the kissing bug or chagas bug), infecting people exposed to their bite, by depositing their infected feces in skin wounds or on mucous membranes.

Precautionary measures:

  • Use an insect repellent (preferably one with DEET)
  • Keep your house clean and tidy
  • Be sure to wash fruits and vegetables well before consumption
  • Boils and preserves drinking water very well
  • If you have a pet, check them constantly to make sure they don’t have bedbugs.

What symptoms can chagas cause?

  • Fever
  • Swelling
  • Cough
  • skin lesions
  • Abdominal pain and/or headache
  • Enlarged lymph nodes

Remember! This disease can evolve without symptoms and clinical signs throughout your life and in up to 70% of cases. The other 30% can have irreversible consequences for the nervous, digestive and heart systems.

Load Bye Bites everywhere! Protect your family with our products, avoid contagion and complications.


× ¡Hola! Necesito más información